Happy Hours TBA-Tucson-Mexico Sister City Mixer's are typically on the second Friday of the month from 5:30pm to 7:30pm or later.
� Save the Date: HAPPY HOUR Febraury 16, 2017 5:30-pm Cushing Street Bar 198 W Cushing Street 1800 Room- Stand by for more details
� General Meeting and Elections; looking for volunteers to help plan and organize
• Coming Up Canyon De Cobre End of April
JUNE 2015: We had a great trip to Puerto Penasco over Father�s Day weekend in which we donated, in partnership with Rural/Metro Ambulance, an ambulance to be used as a much-needed mobile dialysis unit. We met the incoming mayor of Puerto Pe�asco, and had a fun time on the beach and in various social events.
Past Cultural and Humanitarian Projects...
- Tucson Mexico Sister Cities donated proceeds to Tonala youth group to acquire musical instruments. Thanks to Mike Weber, our Guadalajara liaison for making the donation happen
- Gloves for Love: Donated baseball equipment for marginalized school children in Isla Piedra, Funding for Park for disabled children
- Donated over 50 instruments to the Puerto Penasco Youth Symphony
- Donated funding to support children in crisis at DIF�s �Albergue de Amor�
- In partnership with Rural/Metro Ambulance provided CPR training to resort employees
- Provided medical supplies and firefighters�� equipment to Fire Department in Puerto Pe�asco and Cd. Obregon
- Funding for Disabled Children�s School in Cd. Obregon
- Donated school uniforms to orphaned children in Guadalajara
- Provided funding to DIF for School Lunches-Guadalajara
- Provided over 50 walkers and transport van to Alzheimer�s Day Care Center in Cd. Obregon.
- Co-sponsored Fiesta de los Rebozos in conjunction with Guadalajara�s Casa del Rebozo at the Tucson Museum of Art
- Presented History of Tucson Mariachi at Colegio de Jalisco during goodwill visit to Guadalajara�s Mariachi Festival.
- Fun AND Fundraising Happy Hours to support our many projects.
Our Monthly Board Meetings...
Board Meetings are the second Thursday of each month and are located in the offices of Community Investment Corporation, 2525 East Broadway, Suite # 103. Board meetings begin at 5:30 with a formal agenda. Members are encouraged to attend.